The title of this one may seem baffling to everyone, you may be thinking “He’s going to tell me how to wash dishes?! I’ve washed dishes before, what a stupid idea”, this is a completely natural reaction. However, we are all different, we all have different techniques and different ways of doing things. By following my simple dishwashing steps you may find a better way to wash your dishes, or think my way is stupid. Now we have that out of the way let’s get cracking!
1. Before you even think about filing a sink with water you need to RINSE. YOUR. DISHES. I can’t stress this enough. A quick rinse gets rid of any lingering drops of food and helps stop your dishwater becoming a cloudy food scrap filled mess.
2. Always use a dish brush over a sponge as sponges are harbours of bacteria and can leave dishes dirtier than when you started (also most sponges are made of impossible to recycle material)
3. Once you’ve given the dishes a quick rinse and stacked them to the side start filling your sink with hot water and add in a squirt of Littlefoot Dish liquid. You don’t need a lot, its natural cleaning ability more than does the job. Give it a mix with your dish brush and its ready to go!
4. Start with glasses, then mugs, cutlery, any plates/bowls and finally the dirtiest items like pots and pans. Doing dishes in this order will ensure your water stays cleaner for longer and will maximise the efficiency of you and your dish brush.
5. This step is optional, (only if your using Littlefoot limelight dishwash because it’s so natural), rinse your dishes with a little warm water before placing them in a drying rack. This is important when using non Littlefoot dishwash as other products can be full of potential harmful things you would want to be eating.
And there you have it, my quick guide to tackling the dreaded after dinner evil that is dishes. If you think you have a better way let me know! I’m always happy to hear from you all!